Friday, April 13, 2012

New Beginnings

I can say it's definitely different being home so far. It feels like a whole different lifestyle then one of traveling non-stop. Not that I'll be in one place for long, right now what I'm trying to decide is what I want to do tomorrow pro-life work wise. My time with Survivors was great and I've grown so much in learning how to handle different situations and how to become more active defending the unborn. So I'm going to continue this blog with updates of different things I'm doing, though it may not be quite as active as it was on tour. 


So today I made a call to the local abortion mill, relieved to find out they got rid of one of their locations at least when I asked when I could come in for an appointment. But I honestly feel ill to my stomach about the call just made. I called as a scared young girl just trying to find out some information about options. I was asked about when I had my last period, so they could figure out about how far along I was. Then she asked me if I'd like to talk about options over the phone instead of coming in to talk about them. So I asked her what my options might be, and she launched into different types of abortions. Mind you I did not ask or tell her I wanted to have an abortion, just what my options would be. So I stopped her after she explained the first abortion procedure (my stomach couldn't take hearing anymore) and I told her I was unsure of whether I wanted that and might want to consider adoption. I asked her about some options with that, to which she replied "I don't have any information on that, but the office might if I can schedule you for an appointment". She also did say that she could tell me the rest of the procedures over the phone though, and that way she could just schedule me for one for tomorrow. Something is just not right with that.

Have you ever wondered why the "Pro-Choice" movement is called just that? I wonder it all the time, because it seems to me as if they are always trying to push abortion as if that is the only choice! or a choice that should be okay.....?
I don't have a camera I can get info on yet, so I think that I'll be waiting until I get back to VA to do undercover work. But tomorrow Matt and I will be planning on going out to pray and sidewalk counsel in front of the abortion mill. So if you're in NJ and would like to come along, please let me know. I just want these women to see their options... why is that so much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment