Sunday, April 21, 2013

Awaiting God's next path

So here I am just a little in to April and I find my time done at Students For Life. It's a sad and unexpected thing but instead of dwelling on it I am constantly refocusing my eyes on the Lord and doing my best to be open to where He may be leading me.

So what will I do in this waiting period, well I have a few projects in mind, some you'll have to sit down with me to talk about in order to find out. I'm mostly excited for the future because God brings us through life in order that we may better learn to serve Him and I know that's where I'm headed.

One of my projects I will be working on is to be earnestly praying for a woman named Diane Derzis who owns several abortion mills (one of which is located in Richmond, VA not too far from me). I have met her once and during that time she tried to say every dirty thing she could to me and about me. That is not something I'm not used to, in fact I consider it an honor whenever I am able to stand by those who are being held to do a dark work and being able to pray for them.

I've been able to find out through some work that there are several different abortion mills that are not giving options in counseling but rather just telling women about the one option of "termination".

Why do they call it pro-choice when there is no choice given to these scared young women? Whenever someone has told me they are pro-choice I am quick to correct them and tell them that what they are actually saying is they are pro-abortion. The only different choice that they are for that I am not is the choice to murder an innocent preborn child.

How can we call that a choice? How can we call it a 'blessing from God' or a 'beautiful baby' and then call a preborn child the same age 'products of conception'?

As I stated in a status on facebook I am not sure what is ahead of me right now but I know three things very assuredly that I will continue to do:
1. Praise and Worship the Lord
2. Cry out against the horror of abortion
3. Try my best to communicate God's love to all people

I am definitely hoping that the Lord might somehow open up avenues for me to continue to train pro-lifers in sidewalk counseling. That has been one of my biggest pleasures to be able to have the opportunity to do so for the past few years and I hope to continue it. It was a also a huge pleasure to see students at University of Richmond use some of the tools I helped them find to save a  life just a couple months ago.

So now comes the waiting and praying part, hopefully I can learn to be still for a little bit so I can better hear God's direction for me.

Missionary for Life,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment