Saturday, March 31, 2012

Thoughts from the road

So as we travel our way out of Oklahoma after a most relaxing day yesterday at a small ranch/farm/whatever you call it I find myself full of thoughts. I couldn't be more thankful for Mrs. Keller and her generousness to take us all in, we arrived around  5pm after about 11 or so hours of driving yesterday and were relieved to get out of the car. We found ourselves on a farm of sorts with cows, horses, and lots of land, and within minutes were riding on the mule (a traveling cart of sorts, but not an ATV as the boys seemed to drive it as). It was awesome to go gallivanting about and yipping as we went over bumps in the cart and such. It was awesome to feel the breeze and see all the land, and no college or high school in sight. I can easily say I've had my fill of schools, but nonetheless will continue the work that's been started.

So we had some awesome time of talking with our host last night and relaxing and we all had a bed of sorts to sleep in last night which I'm sure the whole team can tell you was a little slice of heaven to us. I have a little less then two weeks left of touring with Survivors and am starting to prepare for what's next in my journey. I have an interview this week for a position in Minnesota in which I'd be doing sidewalk counseling training full-time. If you know me, you know that's something I'm definitely passionate about and love to do. But I also have had two other job offers which require fundraising my entire salary, so I'm not quite sure yet where God might be calling me. I'm hesitant to take the ones where I have to fund raise my whole salary for obvious reasons, but I know if I decide to take either of those that God will provide as He always does.

It's scary to think I'll most likely be out of the Lynchburg area come August, quite scary, that's been my home now for the past three years and I'll miss it, but I also know God is calling me not to be comfortable but to serve Him. As I sit in the Sprinter as we drive I find myself drawn to looking at the quote on my window (courtesy of Alexis) which is:
"Courage is not the absence of fear,
but rather the judgement that
something else is more
important than fear"
-Ambrose Redmoon

So I shall go wherever the Lord calls me knowing that the importance of the work I'm going to do overrides the fear of going somewhere new on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment