Thursday, March 1, 2012

Week 5.1



The past three days have definitely been challenging, as I’ve been getting more into the swing of things. Tuesday we finished up at the University of Nevada Las Vegas, I’ve learned that the second day seems to be the more challenging one as people are more ready to debate us then. I was sad to see that the young man (Josh) did not come back with his girlfriend Heather, but I’m hoping they still made the right decision and choose to not abort their child. I was able to talk to a lot more students then the first day however. A lot more stopped looking at the posters and asking why are we there? I always respond that we’re there because we care about them, and the children lost to abortion. I think that’s a part of the reason we’re all there, we all care, not just about the babies as pro-choice people claim, but we care about the mothers and fathers.

On Wednesday we arrived at the local community college in Las Vegas and set up our displays along with Project Truth. It was really refreshing to be at the junior college cause the students seemed way more willing to take literature and more willing to talk to us. We had so many students who came up to the displays with their jaws dropped and just a stunned look on their face. There were so many discussions I had that day that it’s almost hard to keep them all straight. But there was one who stuck out to me, a young man named Jamonte; he came up with a friend just staring at the picture. So I went up to him and asked whether he had ever seen anything like this before. He said he hadn’t but just kept staring, so we talked a little about how horrible it was and then he opened up to me. He told me his girlfriend had gone into labor at five months just recently and because it was so early the baby did not survive. My heart broke for him, he was talking about how could anyone kill a baby when they so wanted their little one. It was an unexpected pregnancy for them but he still said that he knew the second she was pregnant that he couldn’t kill their son. He stood and talked to for over a half hour, it was like he was just aching for someone to listen.Someone who was willing to listen to the pain that comes with losing a little one. It made me think, how many suffer and don’t get to vent because they feel that they have to suffer from the ‘Choice’ they made. That’s got to be the hardest part for post-abortive women and men, they must feel that they can’t complain or be openly upset because they made the ‘choice’ to kill.  I got Jamonte’s contact info in the end so I could email him and his girlfriend some resources to get some healing and help. But it was so awesome to be able to just listen, and just to tell someone I don’t know what you’re going through but I’m praying.

So many people don’t realize our hearts as pro-lifers, yes there are the angry ones. However there are those of us whose hearts bleed for the women being affected by this. I started praying a prayer a few years ago that God would break my heart for what breaks His and He has. My heart is broken for those women and men affected by abortion. I’m so blessed that God has given me the opportunity to be able to work with Survivors and spread the love of Christ and His redemption while fighting the social injustice that abortion is.

No comments:

Post a Comment